Freedom of Conscience Advocacy
What You Can Do
We encourage you to undertake protection of conscience initiatives in your own institution, region or country. You
are best able to respond to local developments, especially in languages other than English.
Freedom of Conscience Advocates
Connect with advocacy groups, institutions, supporters and like-minded
colleagues near you.
Medical and nursing school
- Identifying objectionable procedures
- Articulating your objections
- The extent of your objections
- Knowing the science
- Science vs. philosophy
- University and professional policies
- Human rights, freedom of information
- How to make notes of adverse encounters.
- Audio recording, notebook structure & format, how and what
to record, correcting errors, recapitulation and narrative expansion.
Consistent Evidentiary Note-making
- Illustrating notebook structure, retrospective recording, making
notes easy to find, and making corrections.
A document that helps conscientious practitioners gather and organize material needed to
file grievances, human rights complaints or civil suits.
papers and journal articles
Books, papers and journal articles relevant to freedom of conscience in health care. List of journal articles from 1965-present.
Protection of Conscience Project
- Book Reviews