Authors of principal essays or articles on
the Project site are listed below. Biographical information on each
author is current as of the date indicated in each entry.
Paul Adams 
- Professor, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa
Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work
Cristina Alarcon, BPharm
- Masters in Bioethics
- Clinical Instructor, Pharmacy Practice, University of British
Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada;
- Community Pharmacist, Hollyburn Medicine Centre Pharmacy, West
Sheryl K. Albers
- B.A. Ripon College 1976; J.D. UW-Madison 2004.
- Attorney in private practice, Hazelbaker &
- Elected to Assembly in December 1991 special
election; re-elected from 1992. Did not seek re-election after 2008
Stephen Alexander 
Daniel Allottt 
Helen Alvaré 
David Anderson 
- Member of Parliament (Conservative) for Cypress Hills-Grassland, Saskatchewan
W. James Antle, III
Rev. Robert John Araujo,
- John Courtenay Murray, S.J. University Professor Loyola University
Dr. Shahid Athar, MD, FACE
- Advisor to the Protection of Conscience Project
- Clinical Associate Professor of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology,
Indiana School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A.
- Regent and elected vice-president of the Islamic Medical Association
of North America, and was Chair of its Medical Ethics Committee
Helen Barratt 
- Specialty Registrar in public health in London and an Academic
Clinical Fellow at University College London. [CMF
Iain T. Benson, Barrister & Solicitor
B.A. (Hons.) (Queens); M.A. (Cantab); JD (Windsor); PhD (Wits)
- Barrister & Solicitor, Extraordinary Professor of Law,
Department of Constitutional Law and Philosophy of Law, University of
the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa
- Research Associate, South African Institute for Advanced
Constitutional, Human Rights, Public and International Law, Johannesburg
- Senior Research Fellow, Chester Ronning Centre for the Study of
Religion and Public Life, Alberta, Canada
Mons. Tarcisio Bertone, SDB
- Vatican Secretary of State and Camerlengo. One of the
highest-ranking officials in the Catholic Church.
- Cardinal-Bishop of Frascati (2008-)
- Archbishop of Genoa (2002-2006)
- Archbishop of Vercelli (1991 to 1995)
Brian Bird, 
- Brian Bird is a doctoral student in law at McGill University. His
doctorate focuses on freedom of conscience. Brian holds degrees from
Simon Fraser University, the University of Victoria, and the University
of Oxford. He is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia.
Maria Bizecki, B.S.P. 
- Earned her pharmacy degree at the University of Saskatchewan and did
undergraduate volunteer work in the area of Reproductive Biology.
- Completed a post-graduate Hospital Residency program in 1995 at the
Foothills Hospital in Calgary.
- Has promoted protection of conscience measures for pharmacists since
1996 and and recently became spokesperson for Concerned Pharmacists for
Ilaria Bossi 
- University of Milan - Casualty Ward and Emergency Medicine -
St.Anna Hospital, Como, Italy
Dr. Angelo Bottone 
- Dr Angelo Bottone is a lecturer at the School of Arts of the
Dublin Business School. He also teaches in University College Dublin for
the Adult Education Centre and in Marino Institute of Education. He
holds a PhD on "The idea of the human person in John Henry Newman's
Dublin Writings" from University College Dublin. He has published books
and articles on John Henry Newman, Paul Ricoeur, Ludwig Wittgenstein and
Matt Bowman 
Karen L. Brauer M.S. R.Ph 
Mr. Justice David M. Brown
- Justice, Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
E. Christian Brugger
- J. Francis Cardinal Stafford Chair of Moral Theology at Saint John
Vianney Theological Seminary
- Senior Fellow and Director of the Fellows Program at the Culture of
Archbishop Alex J. Brunett
- Roman Catholic Archbishop of Seattle,
Washington, since 1997.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree from Sacred
- Licentiate in Sacred Theology (S.T.L.), and a
Bachelor of Sacred Theology (S.T.B.) Degree from the Pontifical
- Undertaken M.Ed. studies at the University of
Detroit and Ph.D. studies at Marquette University, Milwaukee
- Post-graduate work at the Ecumenical Institute
in Jerusalem, the Institute Catholique in Paris, and the Goethe
Institute in Radolfzell, Germany
- Recipient of the DOVE Award, presented by the
Ecumenical Institute for Jewish-Christian Studies in Detroit, Michigan.
- Leo Franklin Award in Human Relations in
"recognition of his efforts to combat anti-Semitism and to create a
climate of mutual respect in Catholic-Jewish relations." (1989)
J. Budziszewski, Ph.D
- Advisor to the Protection of Conscience Project
- Associate Professor, Departments of Government and Political
Philosophy, University of Texas (Austin), U.S.A.
- Clinical nursing teacher in a baccalaureate nursing program in
Toronto, Canada and specializes in maternal neonatal care. She is the
executive director of Silent Children's Mission.
Barry W. Bussey 
- Adjunct Associate Professor in the School of Law, Sydney at The University of Notre Dame Australia.
- Director of Legal Affairs for the Canadian Council of Christian Charities
- [Linked In Profile]
Bridget Campion, PhD. 
- Bioethicist, researcher, educator, and staff member of the
Canadian Catholic Bioethics
Institute at the University of St. Michael’s College in Toronto and
former Associate Dean of Studies at Sacred Heart of Peterborough. For
many years she worked as a clinical ethicist in hospitals in Toronto and
continues to practise as a health care ethics consultant, researching,
writing, and lecturing about issues in bioethics. Her current interests
include social justice and health care, particularly the social
determinants of health and their effects on the wellbeing of individuals
Sue Careless 
- Freelance journalist
- Senior editor of The
- Recipient of seven church press awards.
- Her work has appeared in the Globe and Mail, the National
Post and the Toronto Star.
Chaput, O.F.M. 
- Catholic Archbishop of Denver, Colorado
James S. Cole 
- Graduated from Harvard Law School in 1978 and practices law in St.
Teresa Stanton Collett, JD,
- Professor of Law, University of St. Thomas School of Law in
Minneapolis, Minnesota, since 2003. [Website]
Greg Craven, (B.A, LLB (Hons), LLM (Melb))
- Vice-Chancellor of Australian Catholic University
- Former Deputy Vice-Chancellor Professor of Government and
Constitutional Law at Curtin University of Technology in Western
- Former Foundation Dean and Professor of Law at the University of
Notre Dame Australia, and Reader in Law at the University of Melbourne
Kara A. Crawford, M.T.S. 
- Special Assistant to the Birthing and Care Program, a ministry of
the Pro-life Office of the Archdiocese of Washington.
David Crockett, Ph.D.
- President of Votes Have Consequences Program at the
Susan B. Anthony List, a nationwide organization dedicated to
advancing, representing, and mobilizing pro-life women in the political
Michelle Davis, BSc, MDiv, ThM
- A school chaplain in the Diocese of St. Catharines, and, formerly, a
researcher with the Canadian Catholic bioethics Institute.
Joseph L. DeCook, MD, FACOG
Donald DeMarco 
- Adjunct professor at Holy Apostles College& Seminary in Cromwell,
- Professor Emeritus at St. Jerome's University in Waterloo Ontario
- Author of twenty books and hundreds of articles for various
scholarly and popular journals
Marc O. DeGirolami
- Assistant Professor of Law, St. John's University School of Law
- focuses on Law and Religion and Criminal Law.
- His book, Tragedy and History: The Quality of Religious Liberty,
is under contract with Harvard University Press.
- Papers have appeared or will be published in various law journals
including Constitutional Commentary, Legal Theory,
Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law, Boston College Law Review,
Alabama Law Review, and St. John's Law Review, among
Louis DeSerres 
Paul de Vries 
- Dr. Paul de Vries is the president of New York Divinity School,
and a pastor, speaker and author. Since 2004, he has served on
the Board of the National Association of Evangelicals,
representing 40 million evangelical Americans.
André O. Devos, MD, Gyn-Obs 
- Co-founder and medical adviser, Natural Family Planning Flanders,
Ivan Cardinal Dias
Richard M. Doerflinger
- Deputy Director of the Secretariat for Pro-Life Activities, United
States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Adjunct Fellow in Bioethics and Public Policy at the National
Catholic Bioethics Center in Philadelphia
- On Advisory Board to the Center for Bioethics and Human
Dignity in Bannockburn, Illinois.
Beth Doherty 
- Writer in Canberra, Australia
Bishop Kevin Doran
- Ordained a priest of Dublin Diocese in 1977; ordained Bishop of
Elphin, Ireland in 2014
- BA in Philosophy and French (1974) from the University College
Dublin; STB – Bachelor of Sacred Theology (1977) from the Pontifical
Gregorian University; MA in Philosophy (1987) from UCD; PhD from the
Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas (Angelicum),
- Served for fourteen years as Secretary of the Episcopal
Committee for Bioethics
- Former member of the Board of the Mater Misericordae University
- Chairs the Committee for Bioethics and is also a Member of the
Council for the Family.
Lee Duigon 
- Christian free-lance
- Contributing editor for the
- Has been a newspaper editor and reporter and a published novelist.
Dr Lachlan Dunjey 
- Convenor of Medicine With Morality.
- General Practitioner in Perth, Australia
John T. Dunlop, M.D. 
- Fellow, Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity, Deerfield, Illinois.
- Medical Director for the Cardiac Rehab Program, Victory Memorial
Hospital, Waukegan Illinois.
- Zion Clinic, Zion, Illinois.
Greg J. Edwards 
- Independent Writing and Editing Professional (Vancouver, B.C.,
Rudolf Ehmann, MD 
- Director of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology,
Government Hospital, Stans, Switzerland
Anthony Esolen 
Daniel Eisenberg, M.D. 
- Attending Physician, Department of Radiology, Albert Einstein
Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Assistant Professor of Diagnostic Imaging at Thomas Jefferson
University School of Medicine
- National Medical Ethics Columnist, Maimonides (1996-2000)
- Medical ethics scholar-in-residence for the New England Institute
for Jewish Studies in Jerusalem since 1999.
- Shofar Award, a national award for community service, from the
National Council of Young Israel (1998)
Jacky Engel, MA 
- MA in Medical Law and Ethics
- Ethics research and publications assistant for Christian Medical
Fellowship (United Kingdom).[CMF
Carrie Farella, RN, MA,
- Nursing Spectrum corporate writer.
Catherine Ferrier 
- Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at McGill University.
- Director of the Competency Assessment Clinic, Geriatric Outpatient Clinic at the McGill University Health Centre.
- President, Physicians' Alliance Against Euthanasia | Collectif des Médecins Contre l' Euthanasie
Bishop Anthony Fisher ,OP, DD, BA
(Hons), LLB, BTheol (Hons), DPhil 
- Auxiliary bishop of the Roman Catholic diocese of Sydney, Australia.
- Professor of Bioethics and Moral Theology in the John Paul II
Institute for Marriage and Family.
- Deputy-Chancellor of the Catholic Institute of Sydney
- Adjunct Professor of Bioethics at the University of Notre Dame
Bernadette Flood, PhD, MPSI 
- Pharmacist, Daughters of Charity Disability Support Services Dublin, Ireland
Charles Foster 
Michael A. Fragoso
- Candidate for Juris Doctor at Notre Dame Law School
Anna Franzonello 
- Staff counsel, Americans United for Life
Sohail Ghandi 
Practicing rural family medicine since 1992.
Currently President of the Ontario Medical Association
- Blog: justanoldcountrydoctor
Richard Garnett 
- Paul J. Schierl / Fort Howard Corporation Professor of Law at
the University of Notre Dame.
- Teaches and writes on the freedoms of speech, association, and
religion, as well as on constitutional law and the role of religious
persons and beliefs in politics and society.
- Founding director of Notre Dame Law School's new Program in
Church, State, and Society, an interdisciplinary project focusing on the
role of religious institutions, communities, and authorities in the
John Garvey 
- John H. Garvey is the Dean of the Boston College Law School and
current president of the Association of American Law Schools.
Francis Cardinal George, OMI
- Roman Catholic Archbishop of Chicago, Illinois
Robert P. George 
- McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence and director of the James
Madison Program at Princeton University
- former member, President's Council on Bioethics
- former presidential appointee to the United States Commission
on Civil Rights
- former Judicial Fellow at the Supreme Court of the United
Dr. Stephen Genuis, MD FRCSC
DABEM FAAEM 
- Author of three books as well as publications in diverse
international medical journals including the Lancet, British Medical
Journal, Canadian Medical Association Journal, Public Health, the
American Board of Family Practice, and various others.
- Clinician and researcher, board-certified in both Obstetrics and
Gynecology as well as in Environmental Medicine.
Dr. Ewan Goligher, MD 
- Ewan Goligher studied medicine at the University of British Columbia
and trained in internal medicine and critical care medicine at the
University of Toronto. Upon completion of his clinical training, he
undertook Doctoral studies in physiology at the University of Toronto,
completing the PhD in 2016.
- Practises intensive care medicine in Toronto.
Mishka Gora 
- Tasmanian writer specialising in matters relating to war,
conscience, and the former Yugoslavia. She is the media representative
for Human Rights for the Unborn - Tasmania.
Dr. David M. Gorski, MD, PhD
- A surgical oncologist specializing in breast cancer surgery,
Professor of Surgery and Oncology at the Wayne State University School
of Medicine, and faculty of the Graduate Program in Cancer Biology.
- Primary research interests focus on breast cancer, including
problems of breast cancer overdiagnosis and overtreatment. His
research has been funded by the NIH, the Department of Defense, the
Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO, and others, and been published in
prestigious journals such as
Nature Reviews Cancer, and
Jo Grainger 
- Lecturer and bioethicist at the School of Nursing & Midwifery,
Australian Catholic University.
David P. Gushee, Ph.D., M.Phil., M.Div.
- Distinguished University Professor of Christian Ethics at Mercer
University in the state of Georgia.
- President of Evangelicals for Human Rights
- Co-Chair of the Scriptural/Contextual Ethics Interest Group of the
American Academy of Religion
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of
the Society of Christian Ethics
- Member of the Christian Ethics Commission
of the Baptist World Alliance
Robin Haig 
- Former chairm, Association of Lawyers for Defence of the Unborn
Amy Laura Hall,Ph.D. 
- Associate Professor of Christian Ethics at Duke Divinity School in
Durham, North Carolina, USA
- Steering Committee of the Genome Ethics, Law, and Policy Center
- Faculty member for the FOCUS program of the
Institute on Genome Sciences and Policy.
- Served on the Duke Medical Center's
Institutional Review Board
- Served as an ethics consultant to the V.A. Center in Durham
- Member of the Bioethics Task Force of the United Methodist Church
Susan Hanssen 
William RC Harvey 
- University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics, Toronto, Ontario,
Kevin J. Hasson 
Fr. Vincent Hawkswell 
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver.
- Former editor, BC Catholic newspaper.
Laura A Hawryluck, MSc, MD, FRCP
- Physician leader, Ian Anderson Continuing Education Program In End
of Life Care, Toronto; University of Health Network, University of
Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Dr. Almut Hefter 
- 6th year in training in obstetrics and gynaecology in Germany.
Joseph Heschmeyer 
- Seminarian, Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kansas
- Former attorney, Polsinelli Shughart PC, Washington, D.C.
Madelyn Hisaio-Rei Hicks 
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry, University of Masschusetts Medical School
- A cross-cultural psychiatrist with a background in
medical anthropology whose research interests include sociocultural and epidemiological
aspects of war, domestic violence, depression, help-seeking and immigration.
- [Faculty profile]
Carol Hogan 
- Director for
Pastoral Projects and Communications, California Catholic Conference
for the drafting and or editing CCC statements and CCC-publications
Rev. Bonifacio Honings, OCD
- Professor Emeritus of Moral Theology at the Pontifical Lateran
- Consultor to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.
- Consultor to the Pontifical Council for Pastoral Assistance to
Health Care Workers
Gabrielle Horne 
- Cardiologist and researcher at Dalhousie University and the QEII Health Sciences Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- [Faculty profile]
Dr. Philip Howard 
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Senior Lecturer In Medicine at St.
George's Hospital Medical School,London
- Chairman, Joint Medical Ethics Committee of the Catholic Union
Adam Hummel 
- Associate of Wagner-Sidlofsky LLP
- Honours Bachelor of Arts degree from York University (cum
laude); his Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Windsor
Faculty of Law. In his final year of law school, he studied abroad in
Israel at the law faculty of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. [Profile]
Teresa Iglesias Rozas, DPhil (Oxon),
LicFil (Madrid), MA (NUI, Dublin) 
- Fellow of The Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity
- Associate Professor of Philosophy, University College, Dublin,
Dianne N. Irving, M.A., Ph.D.
- Professor of Philosophy and Medical Ethics at The Pontifical
Faculty, The Dominican House of Studies, Washington, D.C.
- Taught at the De Sales School of Theology, The Catholic University
of America and Georgetown University
- Former career-appointed bench research biochemist at the National
Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
Williard Johnston. M.D.
T. Everett Julyan, MBChB BSc DGM DRCOG
MRCGP MRCPsych PGDipCBP 
Christopher Kaczor, Ph.D
- Director of the University Honors Program, associate professor of
philosophy at the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.
- Co-author (with Janet E. Smith) of
Life Issues, Medical Choices.
Fr. John Kelly, OSCO 
- Abbot, Southern Star Abbey, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand. [Cistercian
Order of Strict Observance (Trappists)] [Website]
Jason Kenney 
- The Honourable Jason Kenney PC, is the leader of the United
Conservative Party of Alberta. He was MP for Calgary Midnapore
from 1997-2016, successively as a member of the Reform, Alliance and
Conservative parties. He served as the Minister of National Defence, of
Employment and Social Development, of Multiculturalism, and of
Citizenship and Immigration in the government of Prime Minister Stephen
John Keown, DPhil, PhD, DCL
- Rose F. Kennedy Professor of Christian Ethics at the Kennedy
Institute of Ethics. Having graduated in law from Cambridge, he took a
doctorate at Oxford, after which he was called to the Bar of England and
Wales. He soon became the first holder of a newly-created lectureship in
the law and ethics of medicine at Cambridge, where he was elected to a
Fellowship at Queens' College and, later, a Senior Research Fellowship
at Churchill College. [Profile]
Dr. Otmar Kloiber 
- Secretary General, World Medical
- Former Deputy Secretary General of the German Medical Assocition
Craig Klugman 
- Professor and Chair of the Department of Health Sciences, DePaul
- Bioethicist, medical anthropologist
Jacob J.E. Koopman, MD, PhD
Dr. Richard Land 
- President of The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, the Southern
Baptist Convention's official entity assigned to address social, moral,
and ethical concerns, with particular attention to their impact on
American families and their faith.
Martin Laverty 
- CEO of Catholic Health Australia. Before coming to CHA in 2008,
Martin worked in the government, not-for-profit, and commercial sectors
as an advocate for policy change, operating his own government policy
consultancy advising clients in Australia and internationally on health,
education, social and economic policy change.
Dr. Timothy E. Lau 
Rory Leishman 
- Author and freelance columnist
Louise Lemieux-Charles, PhD
- Chair of the Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
(HPME), University of Toronto
- Associate Professor in HPME, Program Director of the Hospital
Management Research Unit
- Adjunct scientist with the Institute for Work and Health
- Member of the Collaborative Centre for Bioethics at the University.
Marianne Linane 
- Executive Director, National Association of Pro-life Nurses
- Director of the Catholic Diocese of Little Rock's Respect Life
Rabbi Asher Lipner, PhD 
- Ordained orthodox rabbi: graduated with a Master's degree in Talmud
and Rabbinics from the Beth Medrash Govoha Rabbinical School in
- Psychotherapist at Ohel Children's Home and Family Services
- Vice president and co-founder of the Jewish Board of Advocates for
Maggie Little, Ph.D.
- Director of the Kennedy Institute of Ethics and an associate
professor in the philosophy department, Georgetown University
John Mallon, MA 
- Contributing editor for Inside the Vatican magazine.
- Director of Public Relations Human Life International, 2007- Present
Preston Manning 
- Senior Fellow of the Fraser Institute
- President and CEO of the
Manning Centre for Building Democracy
- Founder of the Reform Party of Canada (now the Conservative Party),
former leader of the Official Opposition in the Canadian House of
- Freelance writer and speaker on public policy issues and current
- Formerly a successful researcher in reproductive technologies and
infertility; she and her colleagues were credited with a world-first
medical breakthrough for visualizing and recording the process of human
Casey Mattox 
Alberto Mazza, M.D.
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Former Minister of Health of the Republic of Argentina
Julian McGauran 
- Member of the Liberal Party and a federal senator for Victoria,
Brad. B. Miller, Comm., B.Comm (UBC),
LLB (UBC), LLM (Edinburgh), D.Phil (Oxford) 
- Professor of Law, University of Western Ontario
- research interests: constitutional theory, constitutional law and
philosophy of law
Archbishop J. Michael
Miller, CSB 
- Bishop of the Archdiocese of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Former Secretary of the Congregation for Catholic Education and Vice
President of the Pontifical Work of Priestly Vocations
John Milloy 
Michael Anthony Milton, PhD
- Chancellor/CEO elect of Reformed Theological Seminary (one of the
largest accredited seminaries in the country)
- U.S. Army chaplain (instructing at the Armed Forces Chaplain School)
- James M. Baird Jr. chair of pastoral theology at RTS/Charlotte.
Russell Moore 
- President of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, the moral and public policy agency of the nation’s largest Protestant denomination.
Melissa Moschella, PhD
- B.A. in Social Studies at Harvard University
- Licentiate in Philosophy at the University of the Holy Cross in Rome
- M.A. in Politics at Princeton University.
Carolyn Moynihan 
Gerhard Cardinal Müller
- Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (Catholic
Sean Murphy 
- Administrator, Protection of Conscience Project [Profile]
Marilyn Musgrave 
- Former US Congresswoman (R-Colo.)
- Project director for the Votes Have Consequences Program at the
Susan B. Anthony List, a nationwide organization dedicated to
advancing, representing, and mobilizing pro-life women in the political
Sergio Musitelli 
- History Office, European Association of Urology
- Born in Milan in 1928. Degree in Ancient Arts and Graeco-Roman Philology degree
(1951), Philosophy degree (1953).
- Specialised in Clasical Philology
with Luigi Castiglioni; in Glottology and Oriental Literatures and
Languages (Sanskrit, Prakrit, Hindi, Sindi, Hindustani etc.) with Vittore
Pisani, in Egyptology with Sergio Donadoni and in Romance Philology with
- Lecturer in Greek Languages and Literature at the
University of MIlan.
- From 1954 he has devoted himself to the
History of Ancient Science and in particular of Medicine (from the origin
up to the XVIII century) and to Philosophy of Science.
- Visiting Professor of History of Urology and Sexology at the
University of Pavia.
- Edited the first volume of the EAU Classical
Library and has prepared for the same series a complete Anthology of all the
passages of Ancient Authors dealing with urological Surgery from the
origins up to the XVI century.
- Co-operated with Professor Maurizio
Bossi for the book "Storia dei costumi sessuali in Occidente - Dalle
origini ai nostri giorni" (History of the sexual customs in Western
Countries - From prehistory up to our days), Milan, 1999.
- Preparing (2000) the critical edition with commentary of the Ms. G. 108. inf of the
Biblioteca Amsbrosiana of Milano, containing the most ancient
commentaries (VI century, School of Alexandria) to 4 of Galen’s works,
and the volume "Who was who in European Urology" (a bio-bibliographical
thesaurus from the origins up to 1950 for the EAU Historical Committee. [European Eurology Today, Vol. 10, No. 1, March, 2000]
Ann Nadalini 
- Pharmacist in British Columbia, Canada
- Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Hospital Karlovy Vary,
Dr. Noreen O'Carroll 
- Noreen O'Carroll is a part-time lecturer in healthcare ethics at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, teaching on the PhD programme, the Masters in Surgery (MCh), the Masters in Healthcare Ethics and Law (MSc) and on the Undergraduate programme across the Senior Cycle rotations. [Faculty profile]
Michael J. O'Dea
David S. Oderberg, PhD. 
- Professor of Philosophy, Reading University, United Kingdom
LL.B, F.R.C.P.I., F.R.C.O.G. 
Dr. Robert D. Orr 
Pacholczyk, Ph.D. 
- Director of Education, National Catholic Bioethics Center (USA)
- writes a monthly column, Making Sense Out of Bioethics,
which appears in various diocesan newspapers across the country.
Bob Parke,BA, BSW, MSW, RSW, MHSc
- Clinical Ethicist, Humber River Hospital
- Joint Centre for Bioethics, Univeristy of Toronto
Patrick Parkinson 
- Professor, TC Beirne School of Law, University of Queensland, Australia
- Specialist in family law, child protection, law and religion and the law of equity and trusts
George Cardinal Pell 
- Roman Catholic Archbishop of Sydney, Australia
- Companion in the Order of Australia (2005) for service to the
Catholic Church in Australia and internationally, to raising debate on
matters of an ethical and spiritual nature, to education, and to social
- Awarded the Centenary Medal by the Australian Government on in
recognition of his service to the Australian community through the
Catholic Church (2003).
Ronald W. Pies 
- Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry, Lecturer on Bioethics & Humanities
at SUNY Upstate Medical University; and Clinical Professor of
Psychiatry, Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts University
Dr. Mary Pipher 
- Received the American Psychological Association Presidential
Citation in 1998.
- Ph.D. in clinical Psychology from the University of Nebraska in 1977
- BA in Cultural Anthropology at the University of California at
Fr. Michael Della Penna, ofm
- Franciscan priest who directs an orphanage called Valle de las
Angeles in Guatemala and holds a Doctorate in Theology specializing in
Franciscan Spirituality from the Pontifical Antonianum in Rome.
Michael D. Place, STD
- President and chief executive officer, Catholic Health Association
of the United States
Vincent Dagenais Gibson LLP/s.r.l.
Ontario K1N 7E4
Dr. Pilar Vigil Portales,
MD, PhD 
- Professor of the Faculty of Biological Sciences of the Pontificia
Universidad Católica de Chile since 1982
- specializes in Gynaecology and Obstetrics and holds a PhD in
Biological Sciences with a major in Physiology for the Pontifical
Catholic University of Chile
- Postdoctoral training at the Texas Institute for Reproductive
Medicine & Endocrinology
- Awarded the Colegio Médico de Chile A.G. (Chile) prize, as well as
the Editorial Los Andes Science and Technology prize for her scientific
effort and commitment to the community
- Publicly recognized by Revista Capital as the most
remarkable female doctor in Chile
Nigel Preston 
- Lead lawyer for DLA Phillips Fox's health, commercial and consulting
group in Melbourne. He leads a team of lawyers covering the health and
aged care sectors and provided a recent legal opinion to CHA regarding
the implications of the Victorian abortion legislation.
Bernard G. Prusak 
- Associate professor of philosophy and director of the McGowan Center
for Ethics and Social Responsibility at King's College in Wilkes-Barre,
Pennsylvania. He is the author of Catholic Moral Philosophy in
Practice and Theory: An Introduction (Paulist Press, 2016). [King's
Alexander Pruss 
- Director of Graduate Studies, Associate Professor, Department of
Philosophy, Baylor University
Paul Ranalli, M.D. FRCP(C) (Neurology)
John H. Redekop 
- Former political science professor at Wilfrid Laurier University and
Trinity Western University
- President of the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (1991-1993)
Dr. Larry Reynolds MD, CCFP, FCFP
- Former Professor of Family Medicine, University of Manitoba
- Former Professor of Family Medicine, University of Western Ontario
- Ian McWhinney Teaching Award for Excellence in Resident Teaching,
Mark Rienzi 
- Assistant professor, Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of
Dr. Yves Robert 
Derek Ross 
Gene Rudd MD 
- Senior Vice President,
Medical & Dental Associations
- Specialist in obstetrics/gynecology
- Extensive experience as a director of a maternal-fetal medicine
training program and in rural healthcare practice
- Awarded the Gorgas Medal by the U.S. government for the most
significant achievement in preventive medicine. [Profile]
Diana Ruzicka RN, MSN, MA,
MA, CNS-BC 
- Colonel, USA-Retired; Staff Health Consultant, SAF, American Red
- President, National Association of Catholic Nurses (USA)
Paul Russell 
- Director of HOPE:
Preventing Euthanasia & Assisted Suicide (Inc.), Marden, South Australia
- B.A., University of Maryland, 1980; M.A., Johns Hopkins University,
1985; Ph.D., University of Virginia, 1989.
- Associate Professor of Art and Art History, Dickenson College,
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA
- Web Page
Peter Saunders 
William L. Saunders
- Senior Vice President of Legal Affairs at Americans United for Life
- Graduate of the Harvard Law School
Matthew Schmitz 
Stephen Schneck 
- Director of the Institute for Policy Research & Catholic Studies,
Catholic University of America
- Fomer Department of Politics at The Catholic University of America
- nine years and as Associate Professor in that department for
Carrie Severino 
- chief counsel and policy director to the
Judicial Crisis Network
- until 2010, Olin/Searle Fellow and a Dean's Visiting Scholar at
Georgetown Law Center
- forlmer law
clerk to U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and to Judge David
B. Sentelle of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
- graduate of
Harvard Law School, cum laude, of Duke University
degree in linguistics from Michigan State University.
Julian Sheather 
- Ethics manager, British Medical Association
- Co-author of Medical Ethics Today, the BMA's handbook on medical
ethics and medical law
- Regular contributor to the British Medical Journal and The Journal
of Medical Ethics
- Sits on the British Medical Journal's ethics committee
- Honorary member, the Institute of Medical Ethics
Dr. Peter A Singer MD, MPH, FRCPC, FRSC
- Senior Scientist and Professor of Medicine, McLaughlin-Rotman Centre
for Global Health, University Health Network and University of Toronto
Michael Smith Prize in Health Research: Canada's Health Researcher of
the Year for Health Services and Systems and Population Health Research
John Smeaton 
- Director of the Society for the Protection of Unborn children since
- Vice-president of International Right to Life Federation in 2005.
Hannah C. Smith 
- member of the Deseret News Editorial Advisory Board
- Senior Counsel at The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty
- , a Washington D.C.-based public interest law firm that defends
religious liberty for people of all faiths.
Dr. Janet E. Smith 
- Fr. Michael J. McGivney Chair of Life Issues, Professor of Moral
Theology, Sacred Heart Major Seminary, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Consultor to the Pontifical Council on the
Wesley J. Smith 
- senior fellow at the Discovery Institute's Center on Human
- consultant to the Patients Rights Council.
- named by the National Journal as one of the nation's top
expert thinkers in bioengineering for his work in bioethics (2004)
Dr. Margaret Somerville
- Professor of Bioethics at the University of Notre Dame Australia School of Medicine (Sydney campus)
- Founding director, McGill Centre for Medicine, Ethics and Law Emerita
- Samuel Gale Professor of Law Emerita at McGill University
- First recipient of the UNESCO Avicenna Prize for Ethics in Science
Nick Spencer 
- Director of Studies,
- Formerly of Research International, The Henley Centre, the London
Institute for Contemporary Christianity and the Jubilee Centre
Avraham Steinberg, MD
- Senior Pediatric Neurologist at Shaare Zedek Medical Center,
- Clinical Associate Professor in Medical Ethics at Hebrew University;
- Author of Encyclopedia of Jewish Medical Ethics
Dave Stevens, MD ,MA
Christian Medical and Dental Associations (USA)
- Former medical director of Samaritan's Purse
- Led an emergency medical team in Somalia, Dr. Stevens that treated
45,000 suffering Somalis in the midst of war
- Medical teams under his leadership treated over 25,000 villagers to
stop the spread of an epidemic
- Executive officer and medical superintendent of Tenwek Hospital in
Bomet, Kenya (1985 to 1991)
Peter Stockland 
- Former editor-in-chief of the Montreal Gazette
- Former editorial page editor of the Calgary Herald
- Former Vice-President, Readers' Digest Canada
- Editor, Convivium Magazine
- Partner and head of strategic communications, Acacia Group
Francis Sullivan 
- Secretary General of the Federal AMA, Australia
- Consultor to the Pontifical Council for Health Care
- Masters degree in theology from Loyola University in Chicago
- Bachelors degree in politics from Curtin University in Western
Daniel P. Sulmasy,
OFM, MD, PhD 
Xavier Symons 
- Research Associate in the Institute for Ethics and Society at the University of Notre Dame Australia
- Deputy Editor of BioEdge
Philippa Taylor 
- Head of Public Policy at the Christian Medical Fellowship.
- She has an MA in
Bioethics from St Mary's University College and a background in
policy work on bioethics and family issues.
Rebecca Taylor 
- Clinical laboratory specialist in molecular biology
- B.S. in Biochemistry from University of San Francisco with a
national certification in clinical Molecular Biology MB (ASCP).
- Writes at the bioethics blog
Mary Meets Dolly
Christopher Tollefsen 
- Professor of Philosophy, University of South Carolina [Profile]
Daniel Tomberlin 
- Daniel Tomberlin is an ordained bishop in the
Church of God (Cleveland, TN). He studied at East Coast Bible
College (Charlotte, NC), Brewton-Parker College (Mt. Vernon, GA), and
graduated with the Bachelor of Science from Lee University (Cleveland,
TN). He earned the Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry at
Pentecostal Theological Seminary (Cleveland, TN). [Profile]
Dr. Nicholas Tonti-Filippini
- Associate Professor John Paul II Institute for Marriage and Family,
- Institute Associate Dean (Teaching, Learning and Research) and Head
- Member of the Australian Health Ethics Committee of the National
Health and Medical Research Council
Adrian Treloar, BSc, MB BS, MRCP (UK),
MRCGP, MRCPsych, DCH 
- Consultant and Senior Lecturer in Old Age Psychiatry, Oxleas NHS
Trust,and The Institute of Psychiatry
Turyomumazima, A Phil., BA Theol., MA Missiology
- Archdiocese of Mbarara, East Ankole District, Uganda
D. Vincent Twomey, SVD
- Priest of the Society of the Divine Word
- Holds a Ph.D. in Theology and is Professor
Emeritus of Moral Theology at the Pontifical University of St. Patrick's
College, Maynooth, Ireland. He is also a former doctoral student of
Nancy Valko, RN 
- President of Missouri Nurses for Life
- Spokesperson for the National Association of Pro-life Nurses
- Contributing editor to Voices
Susanne van der Velden, MD
- Obstetrician/gynecologist, Netherlands
David Van Gend 
Robert K. Vischer
Karen Vosburgh 
- Director of the association board of Valley Hospital, a nonprofit
nonsectarian community-based hospital in Palmer, Alaska.
Charles Wagner 
- Certified Specialist in Estates and Trusts Law by the Law Society of
Upper Canada and a partner at Wagner Sidlofsky LLP which is a boutique
law firm located in Toronto focusing on
Estate Litigation. [Profile]
Niklaus Waldis, MD 
- General Practitioner, Switzerland
R. L. Walley, FRCSC, FRCOG, MPH (Harvard)
- Founder and Exectuve Director,
- Emeritus Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Memorial University
- Consultor to the Pontifical Council for Health
Greg Walsh 
- Senior Lecturer, School of Law,University of Notre Dame Australia (Sydney) teaching a range of courses including Bioethics and the Law.
Lynn D. Wardle, J.D. 
- Advisor to the Protection of Conscience Project
- Professor of Law, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young
University, Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A.
Deina Warren 
- practices constitutional, human rights and criminal law in Ontario.
Gregory L. Waybright,Ph.D.
- President of Trinity International University in Deerfield,
Shawn Whatley, MD 
- Past president of the Ontario Medical Association
- Munk Senior Fellow with the Macdonald-Laurier Institute
- [MLI profile]
George Weigel, MA 
- Distinguished Senior Fellow, William E.
Simon Chair in Catholic Studies, Ethics and Public Policy Center,
John W. Whitehead 
- Founder and President of The Rutherford Institute
- BA from the University of Arkansas in 1969 and a Juris Doctorate
degree from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 1974.
- Awarded Hungarian Medal of Freedom
Michael Sean Winters
- Visiting Fellow, Institute for Policy Research & Catholic Studies,
Catholic University of America
- BLOGGER and political correspondent for National Catholic Reporter
- US correspondent for The Tablet
Frank R. Wolf 
- Distinguished Distinguished Senior Fellow,
21st Century Wilberforce
- Jerry and Susie Wilson Chair in Religious Freedom, Institute for
Studies of Religion, Baylor University
- Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. degree from Penn State University in 1961 and his law degree
from Georgetown University in 1965
- Entered politics in 1968, as legislative assistant to Edward
Biester, Pennsylvania’s 8th congressional district.
- From 1971 to 1975, served as an assistant to Secretary of the
- Served 17 terms in the U.S. Congress (1981 to 2015), representing
Virginia’s 10th District
Dan Wooding 
- Founder & international director oof ASSIST Ministries
(Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times) and ASSIST News Service (ANS)
- award winning British journalist
Colin Wright 
- Colin Wright is the Managing Editor of Quillette. He holds a PhD in evolutionary biology from the University of California, Santa Barbara
Bishop David A. Zubick
- Roman Catholic Bishop of Pittsburgh
Dr. Nikolaus Zwicky-Aeberhard
- Internal Medicine
- President of the Swiss Association of Catholic Doctors