The Philippines RH Act, which was to go into effect on 31 May, has been temporarily suspended by a 10-5 ruling of the Philippines Supreme Court. The court will hear arguments for and against the law on 18 June, 2013. The ruling is a result of nine petitions against the law filed in the court. The petitioners are
- Francisco “Kit” Tatad and his wife, Ma. Fenny
- James Imbong, his wife and minor children.
- Doctors for Life
- Filipinos for Life (F4L),
- Serve Life Cagayan de Oro City,
- Task Force for Family and Life Visayas, Inc.,
- Valeriano Avila,
- Expedito Bugarin and Eduardo Olaguer,
- Catholic Xyberspace Apostolate of the Philippines.